[OpenIndiana-discuss] Mounting %userprofile% from Windows on OI?

Robbie Crash sardonic.smiles at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 16:20:08 UTC 2012

I'm trying to use OI as the backend for my Windows desktops. One of the
things I have is a userprofile directory. Rather than manually link each
user's profile, I did what is normally done and have a login policy set to
map the user directory to a drive on Windows via something akin to:
net use U: \\server\%username%

However, that produces:
*Jun  5 11:42:16 thoth smbsrv: [ID 138215 kern.notice] NOTICE:
smbd[DOMAIN\robbie]: netlogs share not found*

I'm assuming this is because the username is passed to OI with the domain
for AD based authentication. This works great for everything else, and AD
users have no other issues getting things working, but I cannot figure out
how to get it to work.

I've tried setting:

zfs set sharesmb=DOMAIN\\robbie tank\Home\robbie, but that doesn't change
anything. I'd like to solve this server-side, but if I need to figure out
how to redo this on the Windows side, that's fine.

--
Seconds to the drop, but it seems like hours.

http://www.eff.org/
<http://www.eff.org/>http://creativecommons.org/