[OpenIndiana-discuss] Help installing OI 151a on IBM x366.

Christopher X. Candreva chris at westnet.com
Tue Jun 5 22:08:39 UTC 2012

I am trying to install OI 151a on an IBM x366. This machine has the
Serveraid 8i SAS backplane, with a legacy IDE DVD rom drive.

The machine will boot the DVD, but then gives a stream of errors on
pci at 0,0/pci-ide at f/edi at 0 time reset bus

I've read about problems with IDE, that offered adding options to the
command line that boots the kernel:
-B atapi-cd-dma-enabled=0,atapi-other-dma-enabled=0

That didn't work. I also saw something about disabling multiprocessing with
the -kd option, then entering "use_mp/W 0 :c" . That didn't work either.

I tried booting from a USB dvd drive. Again, that boots, but after it loads
the kernel from the DVD, I get an error that the drive disappeared.

I tried making a bootable USB stick, but the x366 won't both from the USB
for some reason.

Are there any other suggestions I can try ?

-Chris