[OpenIndiana-discuss] Access to ZFS viz CIFS from windows regularly hangs.

Bob Friesenhahn bfriesen at simple.dallas.tx.us
Wed Jun 13 01:55:14 UTC 2012

On Tue, 12 Jun 2012, John McEntee wrote:

> I am having problems with a openindiana storage server I have built am I am
> trying to track down the cause to fix it. The current symptoms are seen from
> all windows clients (both 7 and XP) that will report an error stating.
>
> Path File is not accessible. The specified network name is no longer
> available.

The first thing to verify is your network and network interface.  Run
continuous traffic and see if there are any hickups.  You can use
/usr/sbin/ping for testing with larger packets.

Also check the log files under /var/adm and /var/log.  Also check
output of 'fmadm -ev' and 'fmadm faulty'.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn