[OpenIndiana-discuss] Access to ZFS viz CIFS from windows regularly hangs.

Robbie Crash sardonic.smiles at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 02:46:02 UTC 2012

I had similar issues before I enabled TLER, and disabled the head parking
on my WD Green drives. A quick Google shows some evidence of similar
features on the 3TB Hitachis.

On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 9:55 PM, Bob Friesenhahn <
bfriesen at simple.dallas.tx.us> wrote:

> On Tue, 12 Jun 2012, John McEntee wrote:
>
>  I am having problems with a openindiana storage server I have built am I
>> am
>> trying to track down the cause to fix it. The current symptoms are seen
>> from
>> all windows clients (both 7 and XP) that will report an error stating.
>>
>> Path File is not accessible. The specified network name is no longer
>> available.
>>

> The first thing to verify is your network and network interface.  Run
> continuous traffic and see if there are any hickups.  You can use
> /usr/sbin/ping for testing with larger packets.
>
> Also check the log files under /var/adm and /var/log.  Also check output
> of 'fmadm -ev' and 'fmadm faulty'.
>
> Bob
> --
> Bob Friesenhahn
> bfriesen at simple.dallas.tx.us, http://www.simplesystems.org/**
> users/bfriesen/ <http://www.simplesystems.org/users/bfriesen/>

Seconds to the drop, but it seems like hours.

http://www.eff.org/
<http://www.eff.org/>http://creativecommons.org/