[OpenIndiana-discuss] recognizing disks

Mike La Spina mike.laspina at laspina.ca
Sun Jun 24 16:24:08 UTC 2012

Hi Adam,

Possibly the LSI controller was not matched to a driver. Check the
controller model and verify it is on the HCL.

Run:

pfexec prtconf | grep driver

to observer any devices that are not bound to a driver.

http://illumos.org/hcl/

Typically I have found that the some RAID mode firmware within LSI cards
and other vendors is not always compatible or matched to a driver.
For example I have an IBM (LSI 1068) branded adaptor. It works fine when
I load the Initiator/Target mode firmware image but not when it's
running the RAID firmware image.

Regards,
Mike

http://blog.laspina.ca/