[OpenIndiana-discuss] IP-dedicated zone (OI b151a4) is not ping-able in virtualbox

WarGrey[战斗暴龙] juzhenliang at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 16:23:01 UTC 2012

Hi, all.

I installed OpenIndiana b151 in virtualbox on MacOSX, there is a zone with
dedicated ip over e1000g1 which connecting to a host-only virtual NIC.
Everything was okay before updating to b151a4. I could access it
everywhere, host OS, global zone, or any other VMs whose NICs are in the
same virtual network.

However, when updating to b151a4, it is not ping-able outside the box,
unless following command is running in the global zone:
tcpdump -i e1000g1.

Since the PCnet-fast virtual network card is not usable in OpenIndiana
b151a4 (It seems that something is not recognized),
I have changed the VNIC hardware to Intel Pro/1000 MT one.

Thanks for helping me solve this problem, or more information needed?