[OpenIndiana-discuss] "shareiscsi" and COMSTAR

Mike La Spina mike.laspina at laspina.ca
Wed Jun 27 00:51:09 UTC 2012

Hi Jim,

>1) Is COMSTAR still not-integrated with shareiscsi ZFS attributes?
>    Or can the pool use the attribute, and the correct (new COMSTAR)
>    iSCSI target daemon will fire up?

COMSTAR is not integrated with ZFS and it will ignore the ZFS props.
What is the release of the old host OS?
I strongly suggest you record the old iqn target names and the LU's they
are mapped to, as well the LU GUID is helpful.
Snapshots on zvols are your friends!

>2) What would be the best way to migrate iSCSI server configuration
>    (LUs, views, allowed client lists, etc.) - is it sufficient to
>    just export the SMF config of "stmf" service, or do I also need
>    some other services and/or files (/etc/iscsi, something else?)

This really depends on your current configuration .. can you provide
some specifics of the existing targets/initiators?

Mike

http://blog.laspina.ca

Thanks,
//Jim Klimov