[OpenIndiana-discuss] Office apps unable to write to ZFS over CIFS

Robbie Crash sardonic.smiles at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 03:19:04 UTC 2012

The explicit deny would apply to creator/owner if that were the case. Also,
it's not a 1:1 NTFS ACL mapping to the ZFS ACL. IIRC, the permissions all
show up as special permissions, for only one or two generic users.

If Windows thought that there was an explicit deny, it wouldn't open the
file, and since those are inherited permissions, likely couldn't open the
directory itself.

Try running process explorer on the Windows box to see if it has closed the
file handles.

Also, what version of Office?