[OpenIndiana-discuss] [noob] smb via android

Open Indiana openindiana at out-side.nl
Sun Mar 4 19:50:57 UTC 2012

Hi,

I'm sorry. I was thinking, that "android" would do ;-)
It's a Asus transformer TF101G with honeycomb. I installed an app called
AndSMB (samba client)

Created a new share just for test, so it is wide-open.

basic unix and acl folder permissions /mystorage/smbshare: (set other acl's
from your windows computer)
drwxrwxrwx+     3 root  root    3 Mar 4 13:43 /mystorage/smbshare
user:root:full_set:fd-----:allow
everyone@:modify_set:fd-----:allow

 basic share acl permissions on share /mystorage/smbshare for everybody@
-rwxrwxrwx+     1 root  root    0 Mar 4 10:56
/mystorage/smbshare/.zfs/shares/smbshare
everyone@:full_set:-------:allow

The strange thing is that if I browse my Openindiana box with this AndSMB
program and use "anonymous" as user then I can SEE the different SMB folders
but can't open them. I have tried all possible passwords and usernames (with
or without domainnames and/or workgroupnames) but no luck.