[OpenIndiana-discuss] [noob] smb via android

Ignacio Marambio Catán darkjoker at gmail.com
Sun Mar 4 19:55:39 UTC 2012

On Sun, Mar 4, 2012 at 4:50 PM, Open Indiana <openindiana at out-side.nl> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm sorry. I was thinking, that "android" would do ;-)
> It's a Asus transformer TF101G with honeycomb. I installed an app called
> AndSMB (samba client)
>
> Created a new share just for test, so it is wide-open.
>
> basic unix and acl folder permissions /mystorage/smbshare: (set other acl's
> from your windows computer)
> drwxrwxrwx+     3 root  root    3 Mar 4 13:43 /mystorage/smbshare
> user:root:full_set:fd-----:allow
> everyone@:modify_set:fd-----:allow
>

>  basic share acl permissions on share /mystorage/smbshare for everybody@
> -rwxrwxrwx+     1 root  root    0 Mar 4 10:56
> /mystorage/smbshare/.zfs/shares/smbshare
> everyone@:full_set:-------:allow
>
> The strange thing is that if I browse my Openindiana box with this AndSMB
> program and use "anonymous" as user then I can SEE the different SMB folders
> but can't open them. I have tried all possible passwords and usernames (with
> or without domainnames and/or workgroupnames) but no luck.

how exactly did you setup your smb server?
if it was workgroup mode did you add the relevant PAM configuration
and changed your user's password? see [1]
you should see some administrative shares along side your own,
administrative shares end with the $ sign like IPC$
[1]: https://blogs.oracle.com/timthomas/entry/solaris_cifs_in_workgroup_mode

nacho