[OpenIndiana-discuss] Using Openindiana with IBM TS3100 tape library

paolo marcheschi paolo.marcheschi at ftgm.it
Mon Mar 5 15:02:17 UTC 2012

Hi I'm interested in your experiment, but unfortunately I do not have a
LTO5 connected to an openindiana host.

However it seems that the library is not recognized by the driver, have
you tried to probe the correct devices ?
search for a file that is on /usr/kernel/drv/IBMtape.conf.
from the solaris read me
ftp://ftp.cac.psu.edu/mirror/devdrvr/Solaris/IBMtape.README :
"

6) Add the entries up to target 255 in IBMtape.conf
    The new IBMtape.conf will help IBMtape driver to probe those devices which are mapped
    over target 15 by HBA driver.

    For new install, the new IBMtape.conf with a SCSI target range from 0 to 255 is copied to
    the directory of /usr/kernel/drv/.

    For the update, IBMtape driver doesn't overwrite the old IBMtape.conf in the directory of
    /usr/kernel/drv during its installation. To use the new IBMtape.conf, the user needs to
    backup the original file of IBMtape.conf in /usr/kernel/drv, copy IBMtape.conf from the
    directory of /opt/IBMtape to /usr/kernel/drv, and modify the new IBMtape.conf according
    the original file of IBMtape.conf. It will take effect after the system reboot or IBMtape
    driver is reloaded in the kernel.

"

Greetings

Paolo