[OpenIndiana-discuss] [noob] smb via android

Robbie Crash sardonic.smiles at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 17:56:47 UTC 2012

I had problems with non-Windows clients accessing SMB shares when the
ACLMode of the FS was set to passthrough instead of discard. I don't
remember where it was, but there was a tutorial I found for getting SMB
setup for non-Windows boxes that got me to use passthrough instead of
discard.

If you're using ZFS ACLs check to make sure you've got the ZFS ACLs matched
to the POSIX ones. Use /usr/bin/ls -lVh to see permissions as the default
ls doesn't show them. For 0777 permissions it should look something like
this:

drwxrwxrwx+  9 root     root          12 Mar  3 05:14 temptest
                 owner@:rwxpdDaARWcCos:fd-----:allow
                 group@:rwxpdDaARWcCos:fd-----:allow
              everyone@:rwxpdDaARWcCos:fd-----:allow

Those permissions can be set with /usr/bin/chmod

On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 07:31, Gordon Ross <gordon.w.ross at gmail.com> wrote:

> The next step in debugging this kind of problem is to take a network
> trace on the server, i.e.:
>  snoop -o outfile.snoop port 139 or port 445
> then attempt the access from the android client, then examine the
> trace with wireshark:
>  wireshark outfile.snoop
>
> That should tell you exactly what's failing.
>
> Gordon
>
> On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 2:16 AM, Open Indiana <openindiana at out-side.nl>
> wrote:
> > Well i had to mix some things. The server is running in workgroupmode
> but I
> > have a officelaptop that has joined our officedomain. So to make sure
> bith
> > my home (and workgroup ) windows laptops and users and I (as a
> domainmember)
> > can use the shares I use username@{somedomain} as a login to the shares.
> > This because username on the server is the same as the officelaptop
> username
> > but with different passwords. Windows is always sending the same
> > office-domainpassword to the server when I don't use username@{somedomain}
> .
> > I also use a different password on my homecomputers then on the
> openindiana
> > server, and there I also had some troubles.
> >
> > But with this setup it all works fine from every windows computer, both
> > workgroup and officedomain, so from that side it works without a flaw.
> >
> > I tried already 5 SMB clients but none of them could connect to my
> > openindiana server.
> > Some other thingie: I have also a share /mystorage/cifs0/{username}.
> Within
> > windows these shares are seen as /mystorage_cifs0/{username} so the "/"
> is
> > converted to a "_" in the sharename. I tried both on Android but none
> works.

Seconds to the drop, but it seems like hours.

http://www.eff.org/
<http://www.eff.org/>http://creativecommons.org/