[OpenIndiana-discuss] Install / Partition Help

Matt Connolly matt.connolly.au at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 09:03:57 UTC 2012

On 03/03/2012, at 3:15 AM, Mark Wallbank wrote:

> I was thinking mirror for os raidz1 for data; it's a dell pe with 3 sas drives.

This is exactly how I set mine up (minus SAS). I have 3 x 2TB SATA drives set up with the same partition map on each drive: a 64GB primary solaris partition, and an "other" partition of the remaining part of the disk. The 64GB partitions (slices: c2t0d0s0, c2t1d0s0 & c5t0d0s0) are a three way mirror, and the remaining part of the 2TB drives (c2t0d0p2, c2t1d0p2 and c5t0d0p2) is in Raid-Z.

I think I actually started out by installing the OS onto a spare 64 GB partition, then added the others to the mirror and have since removed the original 64GB drive. While this might not answer your installer question, at least it's a configuration that can work and installing on another drive may provide an alternative for you.

Best,
Matt.