[OpenIndiana-discuss] Could not setup LDAP for SAMBA

Martin Frost me at cs.Stanford.EDU
Tue Mar 6 18:40:37 UTC 2012

What I'm doing to keep people from logging in via ssh is setting the
shell to /usr/bin/passwd.  Then when someone connects with ssh, they
can change their password, but that's all the can do.  Their new
password works with CIFS (Samba), since I have:

  other password required pam_smb_passwd.so.1 nowarn

at the end of /etc/pam.conf.

Martin