[OpenIndiana-discuss] Access to /etc on a pool from another system?

James Carlson carlsonj at workingcode.com
Tue Mar 20 01:15:06 UTC 2012

On 03/19/12 17:16, Reginald Beardsley wrote:
> I would expect /mnt to contain /mnt/etc also.
>
> rhb at openindiana:~# df /mnt
> /                  (rpool/ROOT/oi_151 ):360070851 blocks 360070851 files
> rhb at openindiana:~#

Well, there's your problem.  /mnt isn't mounted.  All you're looking at
is your native rpool root file system, not the one in fpool.

> Now that I think about it, the problems seemed to revolve around the special way that zfs and beadm treat /.

Other than being "canmount=no", it's not too special.  Just look at the
ZFS attributes; they tell you everything you might want to know.

zfs get -o all all fpool/ROOT/opensolaris