[OpenIndiana-discuss] no external connectivity on link

Jason Matthews jason at broken.net
Wed May 2 17:11:17 UTC 2012

Please verify that your host and switch have compatible activity settings.
Compatible meaning, they are not the same ;-)

I set the switch for active and the hosts for passive. You will receive
inconsistent results like the host being reachable at times and unreachable
at other times if they are not properly configured.

root at jobs004:~# dladm show-aggr
LINK            POLICY   ADDRPOLICY           LACPACTIVITY  LACPTIMER
FLAGS
aggr0           L4       auto                 passive       short
-----

In juniper speak, you can check with something like this. Just replace your
AE number:

root at brdr0.sf0> show configuration interfaces ae1 aggregated-ether-options
lacp {
    active;
}

or view the config with this:

root at brdr0.sf0> show lacp interfaces ae1
Aggregated interface: ae1
    LACP state:       Role   Exp   Def  Dist  Col  Syn  Aggr  Timeout
Activity
      ge-0/0/5       Actor    No    No   Yes  Yes  Yes   Yes     Fast
Active
      ge-0/0/5     Partner    No    No   Yes  Yes  Yes   Yes     Fast
Passive
      ge-1/0/5 FUP    Actor   No    No   Yes  Yes  Yes   Yes     Fast
Active
      ge-1/0/5 FUP  Partner   No    No   Yes  Yes  Yes   Yes     Fast
Passive
    LACP protocol:        Receive State  Transmit State          Mux State
      ge-0/0/5                  Current   Fast periodic Collecting
distributing
      ge-1/0/5                  Current   Fast periodic Collecting
distributing

I don’t have any IOS boxes with LACP at the moment or I would dump those
processes as well....

j.