[OpenIndiana-discuss] no external connectivity on link

James Carlson carlsonj at workingcode.com
Wed May 2 12:04:29 UTC 2012

Tim Dunphy wrote:
> I basically left it alone overnight and when I went back to it this
> morning I could ping external hosts from this machine and ssh into it
> on that aggregated address whereas last night I could not which is why
> I emailed the list! :)

Intermittent connectivity is a fairly good symptom.  It can indicate
that LACP isn't working and/or that one of the interfaces is broken.

Besides verifying the LACP configuration, you could also configure the
system with just one plain ordinary Ethernet interface at a time (once
with e1000g0, then again with e1000g1) and make sure that each interface
really does work in individual link mode.

Once you're sure that both links do work when used individually, you're
down to LACP configuration problems, possibly on the switch itself.