[OpenIndiana-discuss] unable to start nfs

Tim Dunphy bluethundr at gmail.com
Mon May 7 21:11:43 UTC 2012

well, shiver me timbers!!!

all I had to do to get the service started was to add an entry in dfstab:

root at openindiana:/export/home/bluethundr# tail /etc/dfs/dfstab# Do not
modify this file directly.
# Use the sharemgr(1m) command for all share management
# This file is reconstructed and only maintained for backward
# compatibility. Configuration lines could be lost.
#
#       share [-F fstype] [ -o options] [-d "<text>"] <pathname> [resource]
#       share  -F nfs  -o rw=engineering  -d "home dirs"  /export/home2
share -F nfs -o sec=sys,rw=all -d "xen share" /tank/xen

I had the idea of adding the entry and starting the service. So glad
that did the trick!

Thanks for your help guys!

--
GPG me!!