[OpenIndiana-discuss] unable to start nfs

Jim Klimov jimklimov at cos.ru
Mon May 7 22:59:17 UTC 2012

2012-05-08 1:11, Tim Dunphy wrote:
> well, shiver me timbers!!!
>
> all I had to do to get the service started was to add an entry in dfstab:

Well, the ZFS-NFS integrated way would be to comment that line out
and instead execute:

   zfs set sharenfs="sec=sys,rw=all" tank/xen

assuming that "tank/xen" is a separate dataset in the "tank" pool.
I'm a bit at loss where to put the share comment though ;)
Also the configuration seems a bit insecure with rw=all, you might
want to limit it to subnet like this (AND set up a firewall later):
"sec=sys,rw=@192.168.127.0/24,root=@192.168.127.0/24,anon=0"

In particular, the dfstab file based approach might fail when you
start the file services while the "tank" pool is not yet imported,
so you'd have to "shareall" after the import, while the integrated
approach takes care of that and refreshes all fileservices after
pool import (can be avoided with "zpool import -N" if needed).

//Jim