[OpenIndiana-discuss] unable to start nfs

Mike La Spina mike.laspina at laspina.ca
Tue May 8 01:15:04 UTC 2012

Tim,

If you use that method your NFS share properties will only live in the hosts dfstab file.
By setting zfs properties you achieve the same thing except the share follows the zfs filesystem. (nas/vol0 in this example)

e.g.

zfs set sharenfs=rw,nosuid,root=vmware-host-ip-etc sp1/nas/vol0
zfs set mountpoint=/export/ss1-nas-vol0 sp1/nas/vol0

If you do a zfs send to an external zfspool the property lives on it without a tab change.

Warning:
rw=all = danger! Do you really want every node to have rw access?