[OpenIndiana-discuss] Compiling Mosh for OI 151

Robbie Crash sardonic.smiles at gmail.com
Tue May 15 23:09:19 UTC 2012

I've banged my head against this for the last two weeks off and on, and
while I am able to get the server running, it won't accept connections, and
the client immediately exits with the message "hangup":

$ mosh robbiecrash.me
Hangup

I've recompiled it with and without the edits that Jonathan made, and if it
compiles it doesn't accept connections/make connections, but generally
speaking without those edits it fails to compile.

I've shared the diff as well as the edited source provided by Jonathan here
since they didn't come through on list in case anyone wants to take another
stab at it: https://drive.google.com/#folders/0B2uoCpDTndQWaDcwNWtMcHFQMFU

As well as listing all of the crap I tried to do to get it done here:
http://robbiecrash.me/?p=218 (NSFW language on site).

I've now given up, installed an Ubuntu VM and am moshing to that and have
that mosh session ssh'd to my OI box. Ugly, but it works.

On Wed, May 2, 2012 at 5:55 AM, Jonathan Adams <t12nslookup at gmail.com>wrote:

> I've attached the diff from the original tar file to my modified version.
>
> I ran "./configure --prefix=/opt/tools CFLAGS=-m64 CXXFLAGS=-m64
> LDFLAGS="-R/usr/gnu/lib/amd64 -L/usr/gnu/lib/amd64" LIBS="-lsocket
> -lnsl"
>
> if you have protobuf installed in a non-standard location you will
> need to set your PKG_CONFIG_PATH to the location with your protobuf.pc
> files
>
> I didn't need to compile ncurses, it is already installed in /usr/gnu
>
> after configure'ing I modified src/frontenv/Makefile and removed
> "-lutil" from the mosh_server_LDADD command.
>
> then I ran a gmake.
>
> as I said, I'm completely not sure over the forkpty replacement and it
> is completely untested
>
> On 2 May 2012 02:04, Robbie Crash <sardonic.smiles at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Can you elaborate on what you had to do to compile the server? I don't
> > understand what to do with the code in the MySQL bug. Sorry, and thanks.
> >
> > On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 2:27 PM, Jonathan Adams <t12nslookup at gmail.com
> >wrote:
> >
> >> got the server compiled with a combination of creating "forkpty" from
> >> http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=22429, //ing out the stdin/out/err
> >> declarations and removing -lutil from the Makefile ...
> >>
> >> The server runs and sits in memory, it forced me to set my locale to
> >> something  UTF-8, however something doesn't work. when I try to
> >> connect with the client it fails.
> >>
> >> since I don't have a mosh server readily available for testing I
> >> cannot tell if it is the client or the server that I've borked getting
> >> it to compile :)
> >>
> >> Jon

Seconds to the drop, but it seems like hours.

http://www.eff.org/
<http://www.eff.org/>http://creativecommons.org/