[OpenIndiana-discuss] Mounting an OI share from Linux

michelle michelle at msknight.com
Sat May 19 06:28:08 UTC 2012

Hi Folks,

I came across this some time ago and someone helped me out.

Mounting a cifs share from OI on a Linux box, a subsequent rsync throws
an error.

I believe there is a packet size that I have to manually set, but I've
checked my notes and I don't have the option recorded anywhere.

Can someone help please?

Current mounting command on the Linux box...

mount //192.168.0.2/mirror /mirror -o
user=username,password=password,file_mode=0777,dir_mode=0777

pvr-machine / # rsync -rt /data/l2jserver/tekkit2/*
/mirror/users/l2jdbuser/tekkit2
rsync: writefd_unbuffered failed to write 4 bytes to socket [sender]:
Broken pipe (32)
rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (237 bytes received so far) [sender]
rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(601)
[sender=3.0.8]

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Michelle.