[OpenIndiana-discuss] installing oracle 11g

Jason Matthews jason at broken.net
Wed May 23 21:12:10 UTC 2012

I don't want to sound insulting, but is X running?
Are you on console or logged in over ssh? If ssh, is xforwarding enabled? If
so, do you have some sort of X client on your side? Do other X clients work
(eg. xload)?

If console, who are youlogged in as? What user are you running the installer
as?

Why don't you logout, log back in, and show us the value of $DISPLAY (after
describing how you interact with X).

Thanks,

j.