[OpenIndiana-discuss] SFE multimedia players and codecs

Milan Jurik milan.jurik at xylab.cz
Sun Nov 4 08:27:04 UTC 2012

Hi,

it would be good to say which packages you installed. Yes, vlc is broken
in SFE encumbered because there is no stable spec for it and the old one
pushed to the repo is broken on newer systems.

I use mplayer from SFE encumbered without issues. That is the one I care
about, the rest depends on own maintainers (mplayer2 and vlc). After
finishing JDS/Gnome updated in OI I publish more gstreamer plugins so
totem will be able to play more things.

Best regards,

Milan