[OpenIndiana-discuss] Availability of c-icap with clamav support?

Jim Klimov jimklimov at cos.ru
Mon Nov 5 14:29:50 UTC 2012

On 2012-11-05 13:02, Andrej Javoršek wrote:
> Current client complains with:
>
> Error connecting to socket (host: ?????P??) .....
> Failed to connect to icap server.....
>
> That "P" inside brackets has changed from "@" and before from "?" in
> consecutive runs. And setting parameter -i (localhost | actual IP) does not
> help.

Off the top of my head, this seems like uncareful work with strings
as command-line parameters and/or their copies. In particular, this
seems like the pointers to the strings (host and port) were released
and later these pointer values were reused while the in-memory data
was overwritten. Or the pointers were not initialized to NULL and
were used before receiving any proper value to point into.

Do you have any chance to step the code through a debugger to test?
Or use poor-man's probes and printf the interesting variables at
different points in the execution?..

HTH,
//Jim