[OpenIndiana-discuss] Tribblix Milestone 1

Peter Tribble peter.tribble at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 23:12:17 UTC 2012

A little more work, and Tribblix has reached its first milestone,
as described briefly here:

http://ptribble.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/tribblix-milestone-1.html

There's still work to fill out the desktop, but Xfce is there and
works.

I'm currently attempting to build LibreOffice, which would close
a huge gap. (If I can get it to work, anyway.)

The other key piece of desktop infrastructure I need is a login
manager. Something like gdm is too heavy (and pulls in too
much of gnome); LightDM looked promising but needs gtk3
(which I might get to, but not there yet);LXDM won't compile,
and SLiM might work but would require quite a bit of work to
configure properly. Or there's xdm, I suppose.

--
-Peter Tribble