[OpenIndiana-discuss] Tribblix Milestone 1

Francois Dion francois.dion at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 18:20:19 UTC 2012

On Wed, Nov 7, 2012 at 6:12 PM, Peter Tribble <peter.tribble at gmail.com> wrote:
> A little more work, and Tribblix has reached its first milestone,
> as described briefly here:
>
> http://ptribble.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/tribblix-milestone-1.html
>
> There's still work to fill out the desktop, but Xfce is there and
> works.

Very nice. I've put up some screenshots:

http://solarisdesktop.blogspot.com/2012/11/tribblix.html

Running on 512MB of RAM btw. The reason this is interesting to me is
that the Raspberry Pi has now been shipping with 512MB of RAM, there
was an OpenSolaris port to ARM processors and the Pi has a stable
hardware list. 1 video and sound driver needed. 1 usb/ethernet
chipset.