[OpenIndiana-discuss] OpenIndiana desktop sharing?

Arhipkin Ilya ilya at arhipkin.com
Fri Nov 9 15:10:09 UTC 2012

Check out the article I described on the integrated server
management OI

http://www.web.arhipkin.com/Desktop_Sharing_en.html [3]

Dan Swartzendruber писал 2012-11-09 19:09:

> I am NOT an X11 expert
by any means, so I always just hope 'things will just
> work...' So I
found an OI blog entry that referred to sharing the OI
> desktop, since
the server runs headless (note: I am doing this
> experimentation on
another server, not the real one - just practicing :) )
> I clicked on
the desktop sharing menu item and selected the right
> checkboxes. It
then popped up a window having to do with a new keyring or
> somesuch -
I haven't seen that again, even though I have enabled/disabled

multiple times. Anyway, the issue: I fire up tightvnc from my windows
7
> box, and give the IP of the OI server. It pops up a new window that
is
> totally black, and I'm never prompted for a password. After a few
minutes,
> the session times out and goes away. google has not been very
helpful :(
> Any thoughts much appreciated... Here is the article that
looked closest,
> but didn't resolve it for me:

http://broken.net/openindiana/how-enable-or-install-xvnc-on-openindiana-148/
[1]