[OpenIndiana-discuss] iSCSI CHAP Authentication Failure

James Relph james at themacplace.co.uk
Tue Nov 13 16:28:33 UTC 2012

Hi all,

Bit of a curious one this, but is anyone aware of anything that could cause CHAP authentication failure from certain initiators?  We're setting up VMware against a storage box, and for one of the VM initiators it's working fine (can see the LUN no problem).  For another initiator, setup the same way, it's giving auth errors.

Really strange, host groups look fine, and obviously the first one we setup worked no problem.  Do they need to have unique CHAP secrets or should that not cause a problem (clutching at straws a little here).

Thanks in advance,

James

Principal Consultant

Website:		www.themacplace.co.uk