[OpenIndiana-discuss] Linux software-raid with two Comstar iSCSI volumes

Christopher Chan christopher.chan at bradbury.edu.hk
Fri Nov 16 00:25:01 UTC 2012

On Thursday, November 15, 2012 08:23 PM, Florian wrote:
> Am 15.11.2012 13:15, schrieb Jorge Palma:
>> raid1 at the OS level, but SPOF on network level.....
>
> This is no Problem, I change a switch in 5 minutes, but the Server
> takes much longer.
> This was not my question! Thanks for the not helping help!!!

Wow, you can change a switch in 5 mins? Nice that you have them
replacement switches preconfigured and ready to roll. But it would good
if you did some testing and pull the cable on the network switch out and
see what happens to your md device. Nevermind the having a switch ready
to replace in 5 minutes but for some reason not used.