[OpenIndiana-discuss] Linux software-raid with two Comstar iSCSI volumes

Alex Smith (K4RNT) shadowhunter at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 03:36:08 UTC 2012

If the targets are mirrored via ZFS and COMSTAR, why would the Linux host
require RAID? If it's using iSCSI anyway, wouldn't the Linux volume
management just needlessly redundantize the data, that ZFS is mirroring
already?

Or do I not understand your problem, or how ZFS works?

My apologies if I'm talking out of my *EEE-HAW* ! ;)