[OpenIndiana-discuss] Linux software-raid with two Comstar iSCSI volumes

Christopher Chan christopher.chan at bradbury.edu.hk
Fri Nov 16 06:55:47 UTC 2012

On Friday, November 16, 2012 11:36 AM, Alex Smith (K4RNT) wrote:
> If the targets are mirrored via ZFS and COMSTAR, why would the Linux host
> require RAID? If it's using iSCSI anyway, wouldn't the Linux volume
> management just needlessly redundantize the data, that ZFS is mirroring
> already?
>
> Or do I not understand your problem, or how ZFS works?
>
> My apologies if I'm talking out of my *EEE-HAW* ! ;)

OP seems to have taken significant steps to not have SPOF (two OI
servers serving up targets) and so friendly chap points out what would
be an omission to not having an SPOF but gets a retort for pointing out
what seems to be a significant omission if the premise to remove all
SPOF is true.

I don't really know what the case is but I just thought that friendly
chap deserved more than a rude retort.