[OpenIndiana-discuss] Linux software-raid with two Comstar iSCSI volumes

Christopher Chan christopher.chan at bradbury.edu.hk
Fri Nov 16 11:20:33 UTC 2012

On Friday, November 16, 2012 07:05 PM, Florian wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I don't know where is your problem? You don't know our network
> infrastructure.
> It is not so easy to have two redundant switches, no it is even not
> possible.
>
> It would be nice, if we can have two redundant switches, but this was
> not my question!
>
> Sorry, if my first answer was rude to you, but understand me. You made
> the first answer to my question and it did not help!! Your answer had
> nothing to do with my question!

Okay, I get it, you don't care about potential problems, no problem.

I hope you have a good switch that can do wire speed and not 30-40 MiB
only (D-Link any one?) and some can only do the whole 1gb when jumbo
frames is enabled.

You just have to try it out yourself and run some speed tests because we
can theorize until the cows come home but only a real practical test
will give you the answer. Like you said, we don't know your network
infrastucture, we don't know your OI server disk setup and we don't know
what hardware you have.