[OpenIndiana-discuss] Linux software-raid with two Comstar iSCSI volumes

Florian florian at acw.at
Fri Nov 16 11:35:24 UTC 2012

Hi,

I know, that you are right!

Here are some background informations:
We have an IBM BladeCenter E with two Cisco switches. Switch one is for
the outside network traffic and switch two is for the storage network.
There is no special configuration for the second switch, only a
configured etherchannel.

The Problem with the BladeCenter is, that there are only two network
ports an all blades, for two switches. It is possible put put two more
switches in it, but have to buy than extra network cards for all blades.

Maybe, I can talk to my CEO to buy one or two more switches and
networkcards, but before that, I have to submit some good statements, if
a raid over two iSCSI targets is possible and works well.

My favorite would be two 4gb fiber channel switches, but fiber channel
is expensive and there is no 10GB network option for the IBM BladeCenter E.

@all,
thank you for your experience!