[OpenIndiana-discuss] support for ZOSS?

Johan Kragsterman johan.kragsterman at capvert.se
Tue Nov 27 07:18:27 UTC 2012

Hi all!

Since I'm a storage guy, I allways think in terms of how features are related to Fc or IB SAN. I'm always concerned about how features are adapted to run on shared block devices like LUN's from the SAN.

 Now I've seen some blogs about ZOSS(Zones on Shared Storage), and that seem to be something for me!

Here's a quote from Jeff Victors blog:

"ZOSS provides complete support for a Solaris Zone that is stored on "shared storage." In this case, "shared storage" refers to fiber channel (FC) or iSCSI devices, although there is one lone exception that I will demonstrate soon. The primary intent is to enable you to store a zone on FC or iSCSI storage so that it can be migrated from one host computer to another much more easily and safely than in the past."

I'd like to ask the list about experience with this, and if it is in the pipe(not already in, is it?) for including in OI?

Rgrds Johan