[OpenIndiana-discuss] R and R commander

Daniel Kjar dkjar at elmira.edu
Fri Nov 30 14:47:41 UTC 2012

 > install.packages("Rcmdr")
--- Please select a CRAN mirror for use in this session ---
for 'tcltk', details:
   call: fun(...)
   error: Can't find a usable init.tcl in the following directories:
     /opt/csw/lib/tcl8.4 /opt/csw/lib/tcl8.4

dsk at bio1:~# /opt/csw/bin/pkgutil -i tcl
Solving needed dependencies ...
Solving dependency order ...
2 CURRENT packages:
     CSWcommon-1.5,REV=2010.12.11
     CSWtcl-8.5.7,REV=2009.09.23

Nothing to do.

I think this is where I was last time....

I will wait for lou's instructions on a build and see if that helps.

On 11/28/12 03:00 PM, Bryan Iotti wrote:
> Folks,
>
> there is a copy of R 2.13.1 32-bit in the OpenCSW repo that works fine on
> OI 151a7.
>
> in case you're interested.
> Bryan
>

> On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 8:51 PM, Daniel Kjar <dkjar at elmira.edu> wrote:
>
>> Let me know if it works...

>>> Building seems not a problem:
>>> richard at devzone:~/src/pkgsrc/**math/R-Rcmdr$ pkg_info  R-Rcmdr
>>> Information for R-Rcmdr-1.8.4:
>>>
>>> Comment:
>>> Platform-independent basic-statistics GUI for R
>>>
>>> Requires:
>>> R-car>=2.0.12

>>> A platform-independent basic-statistics GUI (graphical user interface)
>>> for R, based on the tcltk package.
>>>
>>> Homepage:
>>> http://cran.r-project.org/web/**packages/Rcmdr/<http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/Rcmdr/>
>>>
>>> and
>>> richard at devzone:~/src/pkgsrc/**math/R-Rcmdr$ pkg_info  R
>>> Information for R-2.14.2nb4:
>>>
>>> Comment:
>>> Statistical language for data analysis and graphics
>>>
>>> Requires:
>>> perl>=5.0
>>> {gcc47,gcc47-libs}>=4.7.2
>>> {gcc47,gcc47-libs}>=4.7.0