[OpenIndiana-discuss] [TOOLS] memconf

magnus at yonderway.com magnus at yonderway.com
Tue Oct 2 16:47:17 UTC 2012

### install ohai
magnus at dogface:~$ sudo gem install ohai
Successfully installed ohai-6.14.0
1 gem installed
Installing ri documentation for ohai-6.14.0...
Installing RDoc documentation for ohai-6.14.0...
magnus at dogface:~$

### Ruby gems aren't installed in the default $PATH.
magnus at dogface:~$ /var/ruby/1.8/gem_home/bin/ohai > ohai.out

### ohai collects a lot of data so will take a few moments to run.

You can "less ohai.out" after running the above example and find neat
things about physical memory like (and there is a lot more where this came
from):

    "memory_device": {
      "form_factor": "9 (DIMM)",
      "size": "4294967296 bytes",
      "total_width": "72 bits",
      "memory_error_data": "Not Supported",
      "set": "None",
      "memory_type": "1 (other)",
      "all_records": [
        {
          "Form Factor": "9 (DIMM)",
          "record_id": "22",
          "Total Width": "72 bits",
          "Memory Error Data": "Not Supported",
          "Serial Number": "SerNum00",
          "size": "95",
          "Set": "None",
          "Part Number": "ModulePartNumber00",
          "Size": "4294967296 bytes",
          "Device Locator": "DIMM0",
          "Memory Type": "1 (other)",
          "Physical Memory Array": "20",
          "Location Tag": "DIMM0",
          "application_identifier": "memory device",
          "Data Width": "64 bits",
          "Manufacturer": "Manufacturer00",
          "Bank Locator": "BANK0",
          "Speed": "Unknown",
          "Flags": {
            "SMB_MDF_SYNC": "synchronous"
          }
        },
        {
          "Form Factor": "9 (DIMM)",
          "record_id": "24",
          "Total Width": "72 bits",
          "Memory Error Data": "Not Supported",
          "Serial Number": "SerNum01",
          "size": "95",
          "Set": "None",
          "Part Number": "ModulePartNumber01",
          "Size": "4294967296 bytes",
          "Device Locator": "DIMM1",
          "Memory Type": "1 (other)",
          "Physical Memory Array": "20",
          "Location Tag": "DIMM1",
          "application_identifier": "memory device",
          "Data Width": "64 bits",
          "Manufacturer": "Manufacturer01",
          "Bank Locator": "BANK1",
          "Speed": "Unknown",