[OpenIndiana-discuss] DEAR COMMUNITY, I'm back on October 18th with a renamed version for real community involvement __/__ Illumos based MartUX_OpenIndiana_Edition for SPARC

Daniel Kjar dkjar at elmira.edu
Thu Oct 4 17:41:11 UTC 2012

sounds great Martin.  Kudos.

I check my email all the time and get absolutely nothing done, so I can
understand.

On 10/ 4/12 12:38 PM, Martin Bochnig wrote:
> Dear SPARCians
>

> I have a new set of ideas  ...
> This allows us to work around many of the described problems.
>
> However, I simply cannot respond every day.
> And I just need a littled offline'ness for re-creation.
> Please don't feel offended.
> For me it is very important _not_ to be online everyday, because
> writing emails can be like an addiction. And it blocks/prevents/stops
> me from being concentrated and making progress.
>
> As promised before, it will be a true and absolutely open community
> project then.
> Interested highly skilled contributors like you simply get Mercurial
> access then. And I also stripped the "MartUX" from the name. MartUX
> will continue to live on martux.org, as a niche project, in memorial
> so to say. But our community should not be affected by personalised
> names. After having discarded about 20 neutral names, I now found the
> right one.
>
> cu on October 18th   :)
> Thanks to you all here who wrote, tested and reported, for your
> valuable constructive testing work!
> Starting from October 18th we shall have a project, where we all can
> contribute on it, entirely in the open.
> And with dedicated new hg consolidations.
> Those interested can simply get hg write access.
> Even if one of us is on holidays or something like that.
>
> The October 18'th deadline is damn short.
> Maybe it needs to get deferred again, but hopefully not.
>

>       rgds. and tnx
> %martin

Dr. Daniel Kjar
Assistant Professor of Biology
Division of Mathematics and Natural Sciences
Elmira College
1 Park Place
Elmira, NY 14901
607-735-1826
http://faculty.elmira.edu/dkjar

"...humans send their young men to war; ants send their old ladies"
	-E. O. Wilson