[OpenIndiana-discuss] Raid type selection for large # of ssds

Sebastian Gabler sequoiamobil at gmx.net
Tue Oct 9 20:04:51 UTC 2012

I should have pointed out better that my intention is to use a ZIL SSD
in context with "spinning rust", not with MLC SSDs behind them. In
general, SLCs are more suitable as a ZIL because they can sustain write
rates more continuously, for a wider variety of workloads, and sustain
to writes more endurably, plus typically perform at higher IOps rates
than an MLC SSD of the same size. BR Sebastian