[OpenIndiana-discuss] Automatic reboots

Michelle Knight michelle at msknight.com
Fri Oct 12 05:43:59 UTC 2012

On Fri, 12 Oct 2012 00:08:36 +0200
"Udo Grabowski (IMK)" <udo.grabowski at kit.edu> wrote:

> fmadm faulty
> fmdump -eV
>
> may shows something. Never rule defect memory, the usual
> bios tests practically always fail to trigger the common failure
> modes of memory, and CPU L1/L2/L3 caches can also fail.

Thanks.  That'll be my next port of call.

A live installation of Ubuntu has been up for 8 hours so I'll leave it
a while longer to see if it remains stable. If it does then that will
lessen the likelihood that it is the processor.

Once I hook up the drives and fire up OI again I'll try those commands.

I'm still flummoxed as to why the root crontab got overwritten, however.

Many thanks,

Michelle.