[OpenIndiana-discuss] Automatic reboots

Jim Klimov jim at cos.ru
Fri Oct 12 09:55:28 UTC 2012

2012-10-12 9:43, Michelle Knight пишет:
> A live installation of Ubuntu has been up for 8 hours so I'll leave it
> a while longer to see if it remains stable. If it does then that will
> lessen the likelihood that it is the processor.

You can also hammer the system with memtest (see in syslinux
based boot managers - they often come together; likely available
from your Ubuntu distro disk) and with some compute-intensive
benchmarks like SuperPI and things like that - which basically
measure how long your computer survives until overheating halt
(usually testing the overclocked setups). By chance, are you
overclocked? ;)

HTH,
//Jim