[OpenIndiana-discuss] ZFS, Samba, Windows ACLs

lbragg at me.com lbragg at me.com
Fri Oct 12 21:51:28 UTC 2012

Hello all,
Im new here, so please bear with me.

I have used this site in the past (http://www.nineproductions.com/solaris-11-samba-zfs-configuration/)
to configure a solaris server for Samba and windows ACLs and it worked pretty well.

I am trying the same on OpenIndiana and cannot seem to get it to work.

Are there any good tutorials out there for this? (I did google and could not find any)?

Specifically the issues are with PAM, nsswitch, and setting the ACLs.
-svccfg -s name-service/switch
--svccfg: Pattern 'name-service/switch' doesn't match any instances or services
Nsswitch does not seem to exist. (Remember I am new to this and it may be staring me in the face.)

And,
-chmod A- /tank1/Data
--Try `chmod --help' for more information.

So the chmod accepts options in a different manner. I read the help page but was still lost.

Any help would be grateful.

Levon

PS. If im posting this incorrectly, sorry. Im a noob. :/