[OpenIndiana-discuss] ZFS, Samba, Windows ACLs

Jan Owoc jsowoc at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 22:11:29 UTC 2012

Hi Levon,

This is probably the best place to ask OI-related questions :-). I can
only answer your 2nd.

On Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 3:51 PM,  <lbragg at me.com> wrote:
> And,
> -chmod A- /tank1/Data
> --Try `chmod --help' for more information.
>
> So the chmod accepts options in a different manner. I read the help page but
> was still lost.

The OI system has two copies of "chmod". One is the "GNU chmod", with
arguments familiar to those coming from GNU/Linux systems, and the
other is the "Sun chmod" that is able to modify zfs acls. I'm guessing
your account has the GNU one earlier in the path. Do a "whereis chmod"
for a listing of what is installed and where.

Hint: you can often do "man /<PATH>/chmod" to get the man page
associated with that version of the command :-).

Cheers,
Jan