[OpenIndiana-discuss] ZFS, Samba, Windows ACLs

Robbie Crash sardonic.smiles at gmail.com
Sat Oct 13 03:02:17 UTC 2012

The chmod that works on ZFS ACLs was in /usr/bin/ for me, while the default
chmod was in /usr/gnu/bin

I used this
<http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E19963-01/html/821-1449/configuringoperationmodetm.html>to
get AD integration setup; however that doesn't fully integrate the OI box
with AD, only CIFS authentication with the kernel CIFS module.

I wrote this <https://robbiecrash.me/?p=89>post about my problems with
getting authentication working with my Windows boxes, and nobody has told
me it's wrong yet, so it may be worth a read.

On Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 6:11 PM, Jan Owoc <jsowoc at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Levon,
>
> This is probably the best place to ask OI-related questions :-). I can
> only answer your 2nd.
>
> On Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 3:51 PM,  <lbragg at me.com> wrote:
> > And,
> > -chmod A- /tank1/Data
> > --Try `chmod --help' for more information.
> >
> > So the chmod accepts options in a different manner. I read the help page
> but
> > was still lost.
>
> The OI system has two copies of "chmod". One is the "GNU chmod", with
> arguments familiar to those coming from GNU/Linux systems, and the
> other is the "Sun chmod" that is able to modify zfs acls. I'm guessing
> your account has the GNU one earlier in the path. Do a "whereis chmod"
> for a listing of what is installed and where.
>
> Hint: you can often do "man /<PATH>/chmod" to get the man page
> associated with that version of the command :-).
>
> Cheers,
> Jan

Seconds to the drop, but it seems like hours.

http://www.openmedia.ca
https://robbiecrash.me