[OpenIndiana-discuss] Creating and booting a zone within oi_151a: problem with filesystem error

Jim Klimov jimklimov at cos.ru
Sun Oct 14 16:40:01 UTC 2012

2012-10-14 17:59, Julien Peeters wrote:
> Hi Jim,
>
> When I ran the commands you gave me, I had a core dump error.
>
> # zlogin -S websrv
> [Connected to zone 'websrv' pts/4]
>
> @websrv:~$ id
> uid=0(root) gid=0(root)
>
> @websrv:~$ zfs mount -a
> Memory fault(coredump)
>
> @websrv:~$ zfs list
> Memory fault(coredump)
> I don't understand where the problem comes from... Any other idea?

I've seen similar things with LiveUpgrades on Sol10 and SXCE,
when zfs programs in local zones were not updated and go out
of sync with the actually used kernel. But from the looks of
your system, it is a fresh install and all components should
match. Just in case, does the coredump happen as well if you
"zlogin zonename" (without -S) - if that ever lets you in at
this stage in zone bootup?

Also, try to run a recursive grep to compare files in /usr
and /lib of the zone root filesystem and those in the rootfs.
Perhaps some corruption of the binaries got in during/after
installation... any funny messages while installing that zone?

Finally, I believe your system has sufficient RAM+swap and
other resources, and no resource capping is enabled - so we
can rule real memory faults out?

HTH,
//Jim