[OpenIndiana-discuss] KVM and Xen support in OpenIndiana

Jonathan Adams t12nslookup at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 10:14:00 UTC 2012

We have Linux and Windows 2008 R2 servers running at different sites
in KVM machines and it works a treat (if you have all the passthrough
stuff on Intel chips turned on)

IIRC Joyent went for KVM because the speed was better, support from
the community was better and because the XEN stuff that already
existed kinda needed to be chucked out and re-written.

I get the feeling that this might be a VHS vs. BetaMax for us, but as
I said KVM works a charm for me.

Jon