[OpenIndiana-discuss] Memory usage concern

Jason Matthews jason at broken.net
Mon Oct 15 22:48:38 UTC 2012

> I can't tell you much about continuus use of VirtualBox and
> its stability over long periods of time, I used it with success on
> daily basis for few years now, with OI (and previously OpenSolaris)
> being host. I've seen no problems with stability, however I only run
> it for a day and then whole system was powered down for night.

I have this problem without virtual box. The system consumes memory until it
gets down to a couple of hundred megabytes. By then, network response times
shoot up. Since I collect this data, I can also tell you that there are
periodic "resets" where the response time improves for some period of time.
The cycle continues until the system crashes due to memory starvation.

j.