[OpenIndiana-discuss] Boot stalls on install

Bentley, Dain DBentley at nas.edu
Tue Oct 16 02:02:05 UTC 2012

Hello all...
I'm trying to boot from DVD to install Opeindiana on a Gigabyte H55M-S2V and I"m having issues.  As soon as I get past the grub screen and select boot from cd I get the oracle trademark message and everything freezes up.  My keyboars (regualr ps2 connection) becomes unusable and I have to hard boot.
It's an Intell H55 express chipset and the memory is seated fiine and I've switched out sticks to ensure I don't have a RAM issue.  FreeBSD seems to boot up fine so I know hardware doesn't seem to be an issue.  I'd rather use Openindiana if I can help it instead of FreeBSD.  Has asyone tried installing on this chipset before?