[OpenIndiana-discuss] I am having problems with Inkscape and convert producing PNG's

Milan Jurik milan.jurik at xylab.cz
Tue Oct 16 04:43:10 UTC 2012

Hi,

On po, 2012-10-15 at 12:12 -0500, Bob Friesenhahn wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Oct 2012, Jonathan Adams wrote:
>
> > it's the same message on both, I'm not sure if Inkscape is using
> > "convert" to produce the file.
> >
> > jadams at jadlaptop:~/images$ convert Mylogo.svg /tmp/Mylogo.png
> > convert: Application was compiled with png.h from libpng-1.2.44
> > `/tmp/Mylogo.png' @ warning/png.c/MagickPNGWarningHandler/1781.
> > convert: Application  is  running with png.c from libpng-1.4.3
> > `/tmp/Mylogo.png' @ warning/png.c/MagickPNGWarningHandler/1781.
> > convert: Incompatible libpng version in application and library
> > `/tmp/Mylogo.png' @ warning/png.c/MagickPNGWarningHandler/1781.
> > convert: memory allocation failed `/tmp/Mylogo.png' @
> > error/png.c/WriteOnePNGImage/8873.
> >
> > jadams at jadlaptop:/sal/images$ pkg list | egrep -i "inkscape|png|magick"
> > image/editor/imagemagick (sfe)                    6.7.6.10-0.151.1.5         i--
> > image/editor/inkscape (sfe)                       0.48.2-0.151.1.5           i--
> > image/library/g++/imagemagick (sfe)               6.7.6.10-0.151.1.5         i--
> > image/library/libpng                              0.5.11-0.151.1.7           i--
>
> SFE ImageMagick has a bug and this should be reported to the
> OpenIndiana SFE bug tracker.  The bug can be illustrated by executing
> 'convert -list format' and looking at the details for PNG:
>
>        PNG* PNG       rw-   Portable Network Graphics (libpng 1.2.44,1.4.3)
>             See http://www.libpng.org/ for details about the PNG format.
>
> What the error messages and the PNG detail information is telling us
> is that the png headers used do not match the png library used.
>
> Bob

It is known bug - https://www.illumos.org/issues/2706

Currently I spend time updating JDS and not in fight with bloody libpng.
My vision is to build everything in JDS with libpng 1.4, to solve all
these problems.

If anybody has time for fixing SFE ImageMagick to build with older
libpng temporarily then he is welcome to prepare fix and I can push the
results to the repository :-)

Best regards,

Milan