[OpenIndiana-discuss] ZVOL (et al) /device node access rights

Andrej Javoršek drejc at ntf.uni-lj.si
Tue Oct 16 07:26:23 UTC 2012

I can only answer on the first question:
 Apart from inconveniences discussed above it is stable. In my case I'm
using FC based volumes (COMSTAR), directly as raw LUN's and as zvol's.

Best Regards
Andrej

On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 3:11 AM, Heinrich van Riel <
heinrich.vanriel at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have been looking at changing from file to zvol, not for performance
> reasons.
>
> A few questions on using ZVOL
>
> 1. Is it as stable as using a file for disk?

2. Is it possible that snapshots sizes could be smaller vs file? (This is
> my main reason, snapshot replication.)

3. Can this be used with KVM? I am thinking about dropping vbx ose once I